Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pancakes just got healthy.

I'm loving pancakes lately and I'm also loving trying to eat healthy for my baby's sake!

Today, I decided to try out a new pancake recipe and hope for the best. They turned out wonderful, the taste was no different than regular pancakes!

Oatmeal Pancakes 

Normal lookin' 'cakes

What you need: 
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal 
  • 3/4 cup cottage cheese 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon 
  • 1 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 3 egg whites 
What  you do: 
  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) until you have a "batter-like" consistency 
  2. Pour onto griddle (or pan) using a 1/4 cup measuring cup 
  3. Cook for 2 mins (approx) and flip before removing from griddle and enjoying! 
**These do not bubble like normal pancakes so try to over cook them.

To me, they look and taste 100% normal. I also added in a tbsp of melted peanut butter before making Philip's and he said they were really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment